POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : My animation crashed POV-RAY Server Time
29 Apr 2024 19:18:31 EDT (-0400)
  My animation crashed POV-RAY (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: melo
Subject: Re: My animation crashed POV-RAY
Date: 29 Feb 2008 17:45:01
Message: <web.47c88aa7e2d08be6587ef5e20@news.povray.org>
"Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
> "melo" <mel### [at] coxnet> wrote in message
> > I had too many nested Unions,
> > I reduced some.  added some more debugging statements.. and valla, I
> > discovered
> > what I managed to do.
>
> Phew!. Well I'm glad you've got over that one :-)

Thanks Chris.  I managed to get myself out of one hole I dug, just to find
myself in deeper holes, more exception errors.  Those I got to watch my fingers
as I use short cut keys for cuts and pastes.

I wonder if I am too conditioned with having worked with C and SAS for so many
years that when I make a mistake it takes me a whole lot longer to find the
cause, for one, the error message when displayed seems to have nothing to do
with the error being reported, or nothing to do with the line that had caused
the errot.

Who knows my ability to deduct causes of errors have been hurt more than I am
willing to admit due to my injuries.

Anyhow, the error I mentioned caused me to waste yet another week, and it had
something to do with some forgotten comma in one of my debug statements which
came dozens and dozens of lines before.  Sighhh!