POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : How to create an AVI file Server Time
2 May 2024 16:37:02 EDT (-0400)
  How to create an AVI file (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Thanu
Subject: How to create an AVI file
Date: 28 Nov 2007 01:00:00
Message: <web.474d02f3c22bc5d04ac3566b0@news.povray.org>
I have created 300 frames. I need to create an AVI file to show the animations.
How to do that with this 300 pov-ray files?
Thank you.

Thanu

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: Re: How to create an AVI file
Date: 28 Nov 2007 11:15:28
Message: <474d9420@news.povray.org>

> I have created 300 frames. I need to create an AVI file to show the animations.
> How to do that with this 300 pov-ray files?
> Thank you.

I use VirtualDub:
http://www.virtualdub.org/

Open the first image file, VD will get the rest by itself. Then save it
as an .avi file. Make sure you change the codec, since the default is
*uncompressed* RGB (640 x 480 x 300 frames would be 263MB!).

Post a reply to this message

> > I have created 300 frames. I need to create an AVI file to show the animations.
> > How to do that with this 300 pov-ray files?
> > Thank you.
> >

> I use VirtualDub:
> http://www.virtualdub.org/
>
> Open the first image file, VD will get the rest by itself. Then save it
> as an .avi file. Make sure you change the codec, since the default is
> *uncompressed* RGB (640 x 480 x 300 frames would be 263MB!).

Thank you very much..