POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Imagemap on a curving surface Server Time
2 May 2024 12:30:58 EDT (-0400)
  Imagemap on a curving surface (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Prismdreamer
Subject: Imagemap on a curving surface
Date: 9 Nov 2007 14:55:00
Message: <web.4734ba756f745ace460dd7020@news.povray.org>
I am not particularly skilled at this, so I may be going about this all wrong,
but I am attempting to make an animation of a softcover book opening (just the
cover, really).  I used a bezier patch and manually adjusted the control points
for each keyframe to create the animation, but the imagemap that I use for the
book's cover image (including the title) doesn't bend with the patch.  Is there
a way to attach the image to the surface so they deform together, or is there
perhaps a better way to do this altogether?

Post a reply to this message

> I am not particularly skilled at this, so I may be going about this all wrong,
> but I am attempting to make an animation of a softcover book opening (just the
> cover, really).  I used a bezier patch and manually adjusted the control points
> for each keyframe to create the animation, but the imagemap that I use for the
> book's cover image (including the title) doesn't bend with the patch.  Is there
> a way to attach the image to the surface so they deform together, or is there
> perhaps a better way to do this altogether?

Add the keyword 'uv_mapping' to the pigment. On bezier patches, it Just
Works (tm).

Post a reply to this message