POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Keeping control of the command line Server Time
2 May 2024 20:24:08 EDT (-0400)
  Keeping control of the command line (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: The Stand-Up Physicist
Subject: Keeping control of the command line
Date: 22 Mar 2007 17:05:01
Message: <web.4602fd1eec60e07db4fb7ba20@news.povray.org>
Hello:

I am working on a project "command line quaternions" which takes a
quaternion animation and makes an animation out of it.  One can use
gnuplot, imagemagick, or my favorite POVRay.  In a typical 10 second
animation, I'll make 100 images and make a gif animation so it can be
easily put in a web page.

I type out my command, and off it goes.  When it comes to render time, a
hundred times the render window pops up and takes the attention of my KDE
desktop.  ARG!  Is there a way to make these rendering windows show up with
little importance to the desktop?

Thanks,
doug

Post a reply to this message