POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Good MPEG-2 Encoding Software Server Time
2 May 2024 20:31:26 EDT (-0400)
  Good MPEG-2 Encoding Software (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Dan Byers
Subject: Good MPEG-2 Encoding Software
Date: 16 Jan 2007 23:10:00
Message: <web.45ada144ac2382c8926477de0@news.povray.org>
Any good recommendations?  Windows, Max OS X/Unix...  I want to try
something other than the less-than-satisfactory encoding job of Sonic's
MyDVD LE :(
--
Dan
GoofyGraffix.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: Good MPEG-2 Encoding Software
Date: 17 Jan 2007 00:37:40
Message: <45adb624@news.povray.org>
Dan Byers <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Any good recommendations?  Windows, Max OS X/Unix...  I want to try
> something other than the less-than-satisfactory encoding job of Sonic's
> MyDVD LE :(

  I have heard positive things about tmpeg.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> Any good recommendations?  Windows, Max OS X/Unix...  I want to try
> something other than the less-than-satisfactory encoding job of Sonic's
> MyDVD LE :(
> --
> Dan
> GoofyGraffix.com

For POSIX-OS' a IMO good choice is:

ffmpeg and/or mencoder

or something very special:

 ppmtompeg

This MPEG1-encoder is a part of the "netpbm"-package. Installed
per default on many LINUX-Distros.
This encoder can encode MPEG's in a parallel-mode(Render-farm/Cluster)
for HPE  (High Performance Encoding) if you want to create very large
animations.