POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Flames, fire and sunshine Server Time
17 May 2024 03:59:20 EDT (-0400)
  Flames, fire and sunshine (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: KEBman
Subject: Flames, fire and sunshine
Date: 29 Nov 2006 20:05:01
Message: <web.456e2d8cc2bd9fafa26cbdf80@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I'm wondering how it would be possible to make good animation of A) a flame,
B) a fire, C) the surface of the sun (an astronomical representation of the
star--not a sky_sphere thingy). I've been trying by making "flame media"
run up the Y-axis, and so forth, but without making any good results, so
now I'm about to give up.

What I want is the flickering flames and fires like the real thing. Or when
it comes to the sun, a boiling surface spewing out solar flares and cool
looking tongues of fiery prominence
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_prominence).

Is it possible to do such things with POV-ray without it looking dull and
"made up"?

KEBman

Post a reply to this message

> Is it possible to do such things with POV-ray without it looking dull and
> "made up"?
>
> KEBman

Have a look at Rune|Vision. Rune has created a particle system that can
simulate an animated fire.
http://runevision.com/3d/include/particles/

Stephen