POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : flicker free animation? Server Time
17 May 2024 06:04:42 EDT (-0400)
  flicker free animation? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: wilhelm
Subject: flicker free animation?
Date: 25 Nov 2005 20:40:01
Message: <web.4387bbc64555e82cb3bc7f70@news.povray.org>
I just tried a simple animation for the first time. The clock goes from 0 to
1.0 and the frames from 1 to 60. I get 60 .tga files and use dta.exe to
convert them to a .avi file:

"dta test*.tga /FAVI /Ox /CRGB /AQ10000"

It plays fine with winamp, but the quality of the video is not good. It
jerks and looks like it has tearing lines. The individual .tga frames look
perfect. How can you get a video that looks as good? Am I using the wrong
tool to convert the .tga files?

thanks,
Wilhelm

Post a reply to this message

it could be that your frames are too big to play smoothly. try using
virtualDub to get your frames together and then use something like bbmpeg to
convert them to an mpeg... I know it sounds long and complicated. but mpegs
do not only save space on your drive, they save time and processes.

danny berne

"wilhelm" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
> I just tried a simple animation for the first time. The clock goes from 0
> 1.0 and the frames from 1 to 60. I get 60 .tga files and use dta.exe to
> convert them to a .avi file:
>
> "dta test*.tga /FAVI /Ox /CRGB /AQ10000"
>
> It plays fine with winamp, but the quality of the video is not good. It
> jerks and looks like it has tearing lines. The individual .tga frames look
> perfect. How can you get a video that looks as good? Am I using the wrong
> tool to convert the .tga files?
>
> thanks,
> Wilhelm

Post a reply to this message