POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Final_Frame isn't working as expected... help... Server Time
19 May 2024 12:28:29 EDT (-0400)
  Final_Frame isn't working as expected... help... (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Carl
Subject: Final_Frame isn't working as expected... help...
Date: 15 Nov 2005 10:05:01
Message: <web.4379f887a035609370dc520d0@news.povray.org>
Ok,  I have an animation that was working correctly.  I then changed the
resolution INI file to include this:

[854x391, Animation3]
Width=854
Height=391
Antialias=On
Sampling_Method=1
Antialias_Depth=0
Jitter=Off
Antialias_Threshold=0
Initial_Frame = 1
Final_Frame = 251
Initial_Clock = 0.0
Final_Clock = 1.0
Subset_Start_Frame = 15
Subset_End_Frame = 40

Note, I'm now only wanting to look at a 'subset' of the full animation that
was working correctly.  However when I ran with these new settings things
didn't go as planned.  After writing many parameters to an output file I'm
fairly sure I've found the problem.  Without the subset info in the INI
file, the value of final_frame as used in my POV code is found to be 251.
When
I now add the subset info this value then equates to 40.  Is this correct?

The help file states this in 3.2.1  Language Basics:

final_frame
This identifier reads the value set through the INI file option
Final_Frame=n or the command-line switch +KFFn.

So I was under the impression this value should have been unchanged as a
result of the subset info being added to the INI file.  Is this an error?
Is there a fix for this?  The value I'm after in the code in these cases I
want to be equal to 251 regardless of the subset start and end frames.

I'm using POVray for Windows version 3.6 if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance,
Carl

Post a reply to this message