POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec Problem Server Time
1 Jun 2024 06:56:23 EDT (-0400)
  Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec Problem (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Carl
Subject: Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec Problem
Date: 31 May 2005 22:40:01
Message: <web.429d1f6c653e4d1e70dc520d0@news.povray.org>
I hope someone here can tell me what I'm doing wrong.  I'm using Animation
Shop 3 to animate the Light Cycle Arena I made with POV-Ray.  When I go to
save the animation I'm asked which compressor I'd like to use for the AVI
file.  I picked something called "Microsoft Video 1" and I get this
animation:

http://www.wwwmwww.com/TRON/arena3.avi

A friend mentioned I would get better results of I used "Microsoft MPEG-4
Video Codec V1".  So I downloaded and installed that codec.  Now when I
save the same frames using that compressor I get:

http://www.wwwmwww.com/TRON/arena2.avi

Obviously I did something wrong.  Can someone please tell me what it was?

Thanks,
Carl

Post a reply to this message

> A friend mentioned I would get better results of I used "Microsoft MPEG-4
> Video Codec V1".

  Perhaps better, than the other, but by no means best available.

  I would recommend using DivX or XviD instead.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message