POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Use for cluster needed, anyone need rendering done? Server Time
2 Jun 2024 14:34:30 EDT (-0400)
  Use for cluster needed, anyone need rendering done? (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: eek
Subject: Use for cluster needed, anyone need rendering done?
Date: 20 Mar 2005 16:30:01
Message: <web.423dea776b14baffc5e998d0@news.povray.org>
I have (as part of my final year project) been required to turn the IT
department into a huge beowulf cluster. I have done this and the
webspidering application i wrote performed quite well, however my
supervisor wants something 'flashy' to show the invigilators, i suggested i
could try to get something like pov ray up and working on it.  but I
seriously doubt i will have time to actually generate a scene (I have no
talent in that area you see).

  so basically anyone want a scene rendered that would take days on their
pc?  If you host the source on a site and email me the link on
ee2### [at] yahoocom ill render and return it to you within a day.  i have
to present it on tuesday, so if you could get link to me monday morning
(GMT) i could test it out, etc.

   anyway, thats about it.  If you dont have a project you need remdering
but know of some data i can just drop in to pov-ray(metrology data, fluids,
etc), that would be a help too.

   Im sorry if i sound like im asking someone else to do my course work, but
this is really not my area (programming major) and im only asking as a
"flashy" application was requested.  thanks for any help

cheers
bryan devaney