POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : POV-ray fluid animations Server Time
18 Jun 2024 08:21:14 EDT (-0400)
  POV-ray fluid animations (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Mark
Subject: POV-ray fluid animations
Date: 24 Jun 2004 12:45:00
Message: <web.40db045d51522a4e151394f20@news.povray.org>
I used povray to render my "rigid fluid" animations.  You can see the
results at www.cc.gatech.edu/~carlson/

Post a reply to this message

From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Re: POV-ray fluid animations
Date: 24 Jun 2004 13:20:02
Message: <cbf29o$7hk$1@chho.imagico.de>
Mark wrote:
> I used povray to render my "rigid fluid" animations.  You can see the
> results at www.cc.gatech.edu/~carlson/

Looks good, are all animations created with POV-Ray?  Do you render
meshes generated by the simulation program or do you directly render the
simulation data via df3 files and isosurfaces?

I know that this is usually not the main objective in computer graphics
but the physical accuracy of some of the "Melting and Flowing"
animations is quite limited.  This especially occured to me in the
toothpaste simulation - toothpaste is a physically quite interesting
matter because it has not only a non-constant viscosity, it also behaves
like a solid in some cases and like a liquid in others (if you open a
toothpaste tube and put it upside does without pressing it you can wait
forever, nothing drops out of it).

Christoph

Last updated 01 May. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______