POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Re: Animation Problem Server Time
18 Jun 2024 08:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation Problem (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Mike Thorn
Subject: Re: Animation Problem
Date: 10 May 2004 22:20:00
Message: <web.40a03804d02b718c25955f790@news.povray.org>
"CFM" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I'm learning about animation from the tutorial. I rendered the file
> "clockdemo.pov." The frames render (about 20), but I can't figure out how
> to play it back. Any ideas? (Tutorial didn't tell me that.)

I would also recommend the great freeware tools MakeAvi
( http://makeavi.sourceforge.net ) and VideoMach
( http://gromada.com/VideoMach.html ). I've used both for a long time. Also,
you might feel like downloading the DivX codec
( http://download.divx.com/divx/DivX511.exe ), which will give you very
small
clips and is a very fast encoder. Both VideoMach and MakeAvi can use it, of
course.

-Mike Thorn
Novice raytracer
Old enough to know better

Post a reply to this message

> > I'm learning about animation from the tutorial. I rendered the file
> > "clockdemo.pov." The frames render (about 20), but I can't figure out how
> > to play it back. Any ideas? (Tutorial didn't tell me that.)
>
> I would also recommend the great freeware tools MakeAvi
> ( http://makeavi.sourceforge.net ) and VideoMach
> ( http://gromada.com/VideoMach.html ). I've used both for a long time. Also,
> you might feel like downloading the DivX codec
> ( http://download.divx.com/divx/DivX511.exe ), which will give you very
> small
> clips and is a very fast encoder. Both VideoMach and MakeAvi can use it, of
> course.
>
> -Mike Thorn
> Novice raytracer
> Old enough to know better

OK, thanks. I'll go with TMPGEnc, first. Does TMPGEnc require the use of
other applications such as DTA and POVTICK?