POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation Problem Server Time
26 Jun 2024 14:16:08 EDT (-0400)
  Animation Problem (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: Stephen McAvoy
Subject: Re: Animation Problem
Date: 12 May 2004 13:19:53
Message: <l5n4a09e4r3hc858lq393nbud0q797ob1b@4ax.com>
On Wed, 12 May 2004 12:58:09 EDT, "CFM" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

>OK, I'll go to newusers. Before I go, I must tell you that I was afraid
>you'd say to go to tools > edit master POVRAY.ini. I can't access that. I
>get a window that says, "Could not run program."

Did you install Pov-Ray using the setup exe? What version of windows
are you using? Do you have notepad on your system?
I ask because when I look at Pvtools.ini it has these entries;

[Menu]
Item0=Edit &master POVRAY.INI

[Command]
# NOTE! If using the Shell Open command ($S), DO NOT quote the
parameters with '"'
Item0=notepad.exe "%hrenderer\povray.ini"

So povray.ini is located in the "renderer" subdirectory of the
"POV-Ray for Windows v3.5" e.g. "H:\Graphics\POV-Ray for Windows
v3.5\renderer" on my PC. And the command tells windows to open the
file using notepad.exe
You can go to this directly and edit it. But it might be better to fix
your installation of Pov-Ray (POV between friends) first.
BTW as I said before these are friendly newsgroups and most people use
their names in a signature.

Regards
        Stephen