POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : How can I convert some PNG to MPG/AVI file Server Time
18 Jun 2024 08:29:29 EDT (-0400)
  How can I convert some PNG to MPG/AVI file (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: nomail
Subject: How can I convert some PNG to MPG/AVI file
Date: 13 Apr 2004 00:30:00
Message: <web.407b6bf299a3c3251dc0800@news.povray.org>
I need convert some PNG created from a POV animation to file for Media
Players. It can be MPG or AVI. Can You help me?

Cid

Post a reply to this message

From: John VanSickle
Subject: Re: How can I convert some PNG to MPG/AVI file
Date: 13 Apr 2004 01:09:05
Message: <407B75EB.90651625@hotmail.com>
nomail@nomail wrote:

> I need convert some PNG created from a POV animation to file for Media
> Players. It can be MPG or AVI. Can You help me?

If you can convert the PNGs to TGAs, CMPEG (which is an old DOS
program that works quite nicely) does the trick.  www.mpeg.org

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message

> I need convert some PNG created from a POV animation to file for Media
> Players. It can be MPG or AVI. Can You help me?
>
> Cid

You can use TMPGEnc and the vfpng plugin for it posted to this group:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.utilities/thread/%3C3a82f26c@news.
povray.org%3E/

I have used them with success when generating an mpg from all the example
animations POVRay comes with.

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()
  else
    call crash_windows();
}

Post a reply to this message

From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 13 Apr 2004 22:06:43
Message: <407c9cb3$1@news.povray.org>
I got a message that the ZIP file was corrupted

From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 14 Apr 2004 17:28:21
Message: <MPG.1ae75a66e3217ebf989a1f@news.povray.org>
In article <407c9cb3$1@news.povray.org>, "Greg M. Johnson" <gregj;-
)565### [at] aolcom> says...
> I got a message that the ZIP file was corrupted
>
> "Patrick Elliott" <sha### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> > You can use TMPGEnc and the vfpng plugin for it posted to this group:
> >
> > http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.utilities/thread/%3C3a82f26c@news.
> > povray.org%3E/
> >
> > I have used them with success when generating an mpg from all the example
> > animations POVRay comes with.

I downloaded it to make sure I had a copy, then ran the 'Test' option in
winzip. Everything seemed OK. I do wish it was someplace more reliable
and easily found though.

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()