POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : retaining declared variables during animation Server Time
26 Jun 2024 14:18:31 EDT (-0400)
  retaining declared variables during animation (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: sups
Subject: retaining declared variables during animation
Date: 7 Sep 2003 21:35:01
Message: <web.3f5bdba38aaed7a8d467bfc30@news.povray.org>
Hi!
I am trying to create an animation and have a question regarding that. In my
scene, I have multiple instances of a mesh object, which I declare in a
separate include file. While going through the animation loop, povray
renders a frame, deletes all the variables and goes to the next frame. So,
everytime it computes all the triangles in the mesh and then renders the
frame. This uses a lot of cpu time. Since the mesh used is the same in all
the frames, I don't want to compute the mesh at the begining of every
frame. Rather, I want to store the mesh information in memory before going
to the next frame. An aparent solution to this problem is: a) include only
a part of the source code inside the animation loop instead of the entire
file. b) Retain all the declared variables in memory while exiting one
frame and going to the next. Is there any way to achieve these two things.
Or is there any other way to solve my problem.

for info: The mesh computation takes 30 min, while the actual rendering
takes only 2.5 min. Therefore a 10 frame animation is taking 32.5x10=325
min, while it should take only 2.5x10=25 min.

Thank you

Post a reply to this message

> Or is there any other way to solve my problem.

Write the mesh to a file and include that file.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde