POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : translation outside of declaration Server Time
5 Jul 2024 13:44:37 EDT (-0400)
  translation outside of declaration (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Sam the Magical
Subject: translation outside of declaration
Date: 21 Oct 2002 15:50:05
Message: <web.3db459f44e2a03c2bd2c8d680@news.povray.org>
Does anyone know how to translate an object *outside* of the
declaration/creation of that object? I have an object that is moved in
union with others, but *after* that, I need to move the object
individually. It would not be an issue, but the union is animated, so I
need to correct the object's position each frame. Thanks.

Post a reply to this message

> Does anyone know how to translate an object *outside* of the
> declaration/creation of that object? I have an object that is moved in
> union with others, but *after* that, I need to move the object
> individually. It would not be an issue, but the union is animated, so I
> need to correct the object's position each frame. Thanks.

Order doesn't matter with translations. So translate it *before* translating
the union:

union {
object {obj}
object {obj}