POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Matrix bullet time effect Server Time
8 Jul 2024 16:07:00 EDT (-0400)
  Matrix bullet time effect (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Fidel viegas
Subject: Re: Matrix bullet time effect
Date: 28 Oct 2002 06:51:20
Message: <B9E2D41C.5C8A%fidel.viegas@artrecognition.co.uk>
Hi Bonsai,

Thanks for the link. I was looking for it again. I had the article on 3D
world mag, but couldn't find it. But anyway, Rune's approach is a good one
as well.

Once again, thank you very much.

All the best

Fidel.

in article 3dbcf777$1@news.povray.org, Bonsai at bon### [at] b0n541net wrote on
28/10/02 8:38 am:

> Fidel viegas schrieb:
>> Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone has attempted to create the Matrix bullet
>> time effect. Or if someone has an idea on how to do it.
>
> Just have a look at this site:
>
> http://www.jefflew.com/articles.html
>
> It's not done in POV-Ray, but perhaps it helps.
>
> Bonsai

Post a reply to this message

From: Nikias
Date: 7 Nov 2002 09:35:03
Message: <web.3dca79f3f218fe2d7dc7e5c90@news.povray.org>
I've got the matrix-movie on DVD and had a look
at it some time ago to actually see what kind
of effect it was.

And the fact is, the bullets are leaving torii. If you
look closely on the last animation where he stops them
in the air, they actually appear very abruptly around
a bullet, something I wouldn't have expected (I remembered
it to be far smoother), and then fade out (which is rather
difficult for us, as the torii would be totally transparent
to begin with, and we could only drop the IOR, which gives
a slightly different effect.

Just my 2 cents worth,

Tim

Fidel viegas wrote:
>Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone has attempted to create the Matrix bullet
>time effect. Or if someone has an idea on how to do it.
>
>Kind Regards
>
>Fidel.

Post a reply to this message

I watched the film again yesterday and I did notice that.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try using torii and see what I get.

Fidel.

in article web.3dca79f3f218fe2d7dc7e5c90@news.povray.org, Nikias at