POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Warmup for a bigger animation project Server Time: 23 Oct 2019 02:19:48 GMT
  Warmup for a bigger animation project (Message 1 to 7 of 7)  
From: Hj  Malthaner
Subject: Warmup for a bigger animation project
Date: 6 May 2019 22:06:24
Message: <5cd0afe0$1@news.povray.org>
A spherical space ship is launching 12 smaller crafts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXXr9Fjvfho

I made this to get into such animations more. The models I had made for 
some other scenes before, so nothing new there. I hope to make a bigger 
and more complex space animation soon.

-- 
Some of my PovRay works:
https://www.deviantart.com/antarasol/gallery/42758766/3D


Post a reply to this message

From: Hj  Malthaner
Subject: Re: Warmup for a bigger animation project
Date: 7 May 2019 21:27:28
Message: <5cd1f840$1@news.povray.org>
New version. Arrival from hyperspace and launch of the daughter ships,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cms8UpUTNfw

I wanted the ship to arrive as a ghostly, translucent shape but with the 
original ship model that rose rendering times too much. I will try that 
again with a simplified ship model that has less inner surfaces (the 
ship has currently unions instead of merges)


Post a reply to this message

From: Hj  Malthaner
Subject: Re: Warmup for a bigger animation project
Date: 7 May 2019 23:57:53
Message: <5cd21b81$1@news.povray.org>
New version again. Arrival from hyperspace and launch of the daughter 
ships. Improved "hyperspace ghost" ship impression:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRIPFtdAmtw

-- 
Some of my PovRay works:
https://www.deviantart.com/antarasol/gallery/42758766/3D


Post a reply to this message

From: dick balaska
Subject: Re: Warmup for a bigger animation project
Date: 8 May 2019 12:26:37
Message: <5cd2cafd@news.povray.org>
On 5/7/19 7:57 PM, Hj. Malthaner wrote:
> New version again. Arrival from hyperspace and launch of the daughter
> ships. Improved "hyperspace ghost" ship impression:
> 
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRIPFtdAmtw
> 

I like everything except that weird white frame flash.

-- 
dik
Rendered 1024 of 921600 pixels (0%)


Post a reply to this message

From: Hj  Malthaner
Subject: Re: Warmup for a bigger animation project
Date: 9 May 2019 20:04:47
Message: <5cd487df$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/8/19 2:26 PM, dick balaska wrote:
> On 5/7/19 7:57 PM, Hj. Malthaner wrote:

>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRIPFtdAmtw
>>
> 
> I like everything except that weird white frame flash.
> 

Thanks. I'm fairly new to making videos, so I'm still trying and 
testing. Let's see if a blend from the ghost ship to the real ship works 
better.

-- 
Some of my PovRay works:
https://www.deviantart.com/antarasol/gallery/42758766/3D


Post a reply to this message

From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Re: Warmup for a bigger animation project
Date: 9 May 2019 20:30:01
Message: <web.5cd48d7d9ae46f44eec112d0@news.povray.org>
It's coming along well - I might add some lights or contrasting textures/colors
to initially draw a bit more attention to the opening doors before the ships
leave - the first time watching it looked like it was just sitting there doing
nothing for a while.

Sets of lights that come on, change color, lighting inside the bays, or just a
difference between the doors and the main ship.

Alternatively, you could experiment with changing perspectives.
Keep your intro the same.
Shift to a closer view a single door.
Switch back, or zoom out to view the whole ship again.


Post a reply to this message

From: Hj  Malthaner
Subject: Re: Warmup for a bigger animation project
Date: 10 May 2019 21:57:54
Message: <5cd5f3e2$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/9/19 10:28 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> It's coming along well - I might add some lights or contrasting textures/colors
> to initially draw a bit more attention to the opening doors before the ships
> leave - the first time watching it looked like it was just sitting there doing
> nothing for a while.

Thanks, and yes, this is a problem.

> Alternatively, you could experiment with changing perspectives.
> Keep your intro the same.
> Shift to a closer view a single door.
> Switch back, or zoom out to view the whole ship again.

I like this idea a lot. I've been thinking about it some time today, how 
and when to move the camera, when to switch back to the full view and 
how to integrate that with the files that I have. It will take a bit 
till I have time for a new version of the animation, but I sure will try 
your suggestion.

Thanks again :)

-- 
Some of my PovRay works:
https://www.deviantart.com/antarasol/gallery/42758766/3D


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.