POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : What to do with walls. Server Time: 14 Dec 2018 14:53:27 GMT
  What to do with walls. (Message 1 to 10 of 30)  
Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Stephen
Subject: What to do with walls.
Date: 8 Feb 2017 16:20:38
Message: <589b4556$1@news.povray.org>
I have been playing with Blender Physics. Building things and knocking 
them down. It is quite fun.

https://youtu.be/9Fgd2HWAacA


-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: LanuHum
Subject: Re: What to do with walls.
Date: 8 Feb 2017 17:25:00
Message: <web.589b545482c7fda07a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> I have been playing with Blender Physics. Building things and knocking
> them down. It is quite fun.
>
> https://youtu.be/9Fgd2HWAacA
>
>
> --
>
> Regards
>      Stephen

You continue to explore!  :)))


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: What to do with walls.
Date: 8 Feb 2017 17:52:44
Message: <589b5aec$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/8/2017 5:24 PM, LanuHum wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>> I have been playing with Blender Physics. Building things and knocking
>> them down. It is quite fun.
>>
>> https://youtu.be/9Fgd2HWAacA
>>
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards
>>       Stephen
>
> You continue to explore!  :)))
>
>

Yes. :) Which reminds me. Where can I get a stable copy of your 
exporter? I would like to try it.
I had to export the meshes and convert them with PoseRay before I could 
render in PovRay. The official exporter hangs when using Physics. :(




-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: LanuHum
Subject: Re: What to do with walls.
Date: 8 Feb 2017 19:30:01
Message: <web.589b70dd82c7fda07a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On 2/8/2017 5:24 PM, LanuHum wrote:
> > Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> >> I have been playing with Blender Physics. Building things and knocking
> >> them down. It is quite fun.
> >>
> >> https://youtu.be/9Fgd2HWAacA
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>       Stephen
> >
> > You continue to explore!  :)))
> >
> >
>
> Yes. :) Which reminds me. Where can I get a stable copy of your
> exporter? I would like to try it.
> I had to export the meshes and convert them with PoseRay before I could
> render in PovRay. The official exporter hangs when using Physics. :(
>
>
>
>
> --
>
> Regards
>      Stephen

Can you give me the problem file?
http://pasteall.org/blend/
Or contact Mr.
This is an effective way to find problems.
I can not imagine the hangs reason.

I do not think my version stable.
It requires a complete renovation for Constructive Solid Geometry.
https://github.com/Lanuhum/BlendPov-alternative


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: What to do with walls.
Date: 8 Feb 2017 19:49:15
Message: <589b763b$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/8/2017 7:26 PM, LanuHum wrote:

>
> Can you give me the problem file?
> http://pasteall.org/blend/
> Or contact Mr.
> This is an effective way to find problems.
> I can not imagine the hangs reason.
>
It is not the file. It is as if the Physics module is broken and fields 
are missing. When I start to render, that is when it hangs and writes an 
empty pov file. Similarly to some of the bug files I reported a few 
weeks ago,


> I do not think my version stable.
> It requires a complete renovation for Constructive Solid Geometry.
> https://github.com/Lanuhum/BlendPov-alternative
>
>
>
Thanks, I'll have a look and bear it in mind.

-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: What to do with walls.
Date: 9 Feb 2017 07:56:50
Message: <589c20c2$1@news.povray.org>
On 8-2-2017 17:20, Stephen wrote:
> I have been playing with Blender Physics. Building things and knocking
> them down. It is quite fun.
>
> https://youtu.be/9Fgd2HWAacA
>
>

Was that the day Potus was in town?  ;-)

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: What to do with walls.
Date: 9 Feb 2017 08:44:46
Message: <589c2bfe$1@news.povray.org>
Am 09.02.2017 um 08:56 schrieb Thomas de Groot:
> On 8-2-2017 17:20, Stephen wrote:
>> I have been playing with Blender Physics. Building things and knocking
>> them down. It is quite fun.
>>
>> https://youtu.be/9Fgd2HWAacA
>>
>>
> 
> Was that the day Potus was in town?  ;-)

Walls, golf, and a Scotsman feeling the irresistible urge to destroy
/something/? Naaaah... probably just a pure coincidence ;)


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: What to do with walls.
Date: 9 Feb 2017 09:47:08
Message: <589c3a9c$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/9/2017 8:44 AM, clipka wrote:
> Am 09.02.2017 um 08:56 schrieb Thomas de Groot:
>> On 8-2-2017 17:20, Stephen wrote:
>>> I have been playing with Blender Physics. Building things and knocking
>>> them down. It is quite fun.
>>>
>>> https://youtu.be/9Fgd2HWAacA
>>>
>>>
>>
>> Was that the day Potus was in town?  ;-)
>
> Walls, golf, and a Scotsman feeling the irresistible urge to destroy
> /something/? Naaaah... probably just a pure coincidence ;)
>
Well I find something quite soothing about watching destruction raining 
down.
And I do have a quote handy.

As flies to wanton boys are we to th' gods,
They kill us for their sport.

King Lear Act 4, scene 1, 32â37



Speaking about golf. It reminded me of the days I played computer golf 
on a line printer. (Nineteen mumble, mumble)
Too much trouble workflowing this into PovRay.

https://youtu.be/ZTPBP1ZBATo


-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: What to do with walls.
Date: 9 Feb 2017 11:15:01
Message: <589c4f35$1@news.povray.org>
Am 09.02.2017 um 10:47 schrieb Stephen:

> Speaking about golf. It reminded me of the days I played computer golf
> on a line printer. (Nineteen mumble, mumble)

Don't be ridiculous, line printer golf wasn't invented until two years
later.

> Too much trouble workflowing this into PovRay.

For the sake of nostalgia, guess I could implement some ASCII output
format for printing animations on fanfold paper ;)


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: What to do with walls.
Date: 9 Feb 2017 11:59:46
Message: <589c59b2$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/9/2017 11:14 AM, clipka wrote:
> Am 09.02.2017 um 10:47 schrieb Stephen:
>
>> Speaking about golf. It reminded me of the days I played computer golf
>> on a line printer. (Nineteen mumble, mumble)
>
> Don't be ridiculous, line printer golf wasn't invented until two years
> later.
>

The hole is 370 yards away.
The wind speed is 12 ft/s from behind.

*Club	[1]
*Strength	[7.5]



---------------------------*--------------------X------



>> Too much trouble workflowing this into PovRay.
>
> For the sake of nostalgia, guess I could implement some ASCII output
> format for printing animations on fanfold paper ;)
>

Did they ever exist?
Good idea if you could get your hands on that type of printer.


-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.