POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : 1080p Server Time
28 Mar 2024 10:46:42 EDT (-0400)
  1080p (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: dick balaska
Subject: 1080p
Date: 24 Feb 2016 18:54:29
Message: <56ce42b5$1@news.povray.org>
So I've settled on maintaining two versions of my video,
480p-23.976fps and 720p-30fps.

One for render speed, and one for looking good.  The 30fps helps with
some horizontal tearing. (I noticed during the superbowl this year, lots
of horizontal tearing when CBS would pan the crowd.)

I want to do a 1080p version but I don't know if my PC playback is up to
it.  I *can* play 1080p gru-ray on my PC and VLC plays rips of 1080p of
Big Bang Theory, but if I touch the scrub button, or move chapters, it
all gets bogged down figuring out where it's at. Maybe 5+ seconds delay
to catch up.  720p I can move around instantly.

Has anyone else had any experience with 1080p playback on their PC?

dik

Post a reply to this message