POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation tool? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 16:10:27 EDT (-0400)
  Animation tool? (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: clipka
Subject: Animation tool?
Date: 27 Jun 2014 14:23:57
Message: <53adb6bd$1@news.povray.org>
Hi folks,

yes, I know, google is my friend, but before I dig through tons of web
pages about tons of different tools, I thought I'd ask you folks here.

I need an animation tool with the following properties:

- Runs on Windows 7 x64.

- Takes a numbered series of images as input, just like the stuff
POV-Ray spits out.

- Generates output that can be viewed in Windows Media Player without
fuss (i.e. no need to install 3rd party codec packages). (The ability to
create animated GIFs would be a nice-to-have, too.)

- Easy to use; ideally I'd just right-click on the first image of the
animation series in the Windows explorer, select "open with... [this
particular tool]", and it automatically identifies the other images to
load. It should then either just dump the result into a file with
similar name without even firing up a UI, or pop up a UI where it only
takes me two, three clicks to have it generate the animation.

Anyone know a tool that matches these requirements?

Post a reply to this message