POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Alphabet blocks Server Time
19 Apr 2024 17:12:27 EDT (-0400)
  Alphabet blocks (Message 8 to 17 of 17)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Alphabet blocks
Date: 27 Sep 2012 11:12:00
Message: <50646cc0$1@news.povray.org>
Am 27.09.2012 08:26, schrieb Jaime Vives Piqueres:

>    Thanks, Ive... I did a new one, addressing the "living blocks" problem
> (mitigated a bit by using proper mass, friction and restitution), and
> also adding the "tension moment" you suggested. The base simulation is
> different too, but this time the "radiosity flickering" seems more
> noticeable... I used +HR, but still there is some randomness from frame
> to frame. Any ideas?

+HR doesn't help for frame-to-frame problems, it just makes sure that
the /same/ scene renders identically each time.

There's really only one way around radiosity flicker, and that's
higher-quality radiosity settings. (From my experience with static
scenes, a deeper pretrace often helps a lot.)

Post a reply to this message