POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Feature request: EXIF for PNG Server Time: 20 Jun 2019 07:36:26 GMT
  Feature request: EXIF for PNG (Message 1 to 9 of 9)  
From: Roland Mösl
Subject: Feature request: EXIF for PNG
Date: 25 Dec 2011 11:27:27
Message: <4ef7089f$1@news.povray.org>
At what clock did I produce my book cover?

I can not remember.

An EXIF information with the clock seting
in the PNG file would be very pracitcall.


-- 
Roland Mösl - PEGE - http://www.pege.org
Planetary Engineering Group Earth


Post a reply to this message

From: Roman Reiner
Subject: Re: Feature request: EXIF for PNG
Date: 25 Dec 2011 17:35:02
Message: <web.4ef75e292cce60a660f285620@news.povray.org>
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Roland_M=F6sl?= <fou### [at] pegeorg> wrote:
> At what clock did I produce my book cover?
>
> I can not remember.
>
> An EXIF information with the clock seting
> in the PNG file would be very pracitcall.
>
>
> --
> Roland Mösl - PEGE - http://www.pege.org
> Planetary Engineering Group Earth

Doesn't your OS tell you when the file was created?


Post a reply to this message

From: Roland Mösl
Subject: Re: Feature request: EXIF for PNG
Date: 25 Dec 2011 18:41:19
Message: <4ef76e4f$1@news.povray.org>
On 2011-12-25 18:32, Roman Reiner wrote:
> =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Roland_M=F6sl?=<fou### [at] pegeorg>  wrote:
>> At what clock did I produce my book cover?
>>
>> I can not remember.
>>
>> An EXIF information with the clock seting
>> in the PNG file would be very pracitcall.
>>
>>
>> --
>> Roland Mösl - PEGE - http://www.pege.org
>> Planetary Engineering Group Earth
>
> Doesn't your OS tell you when the file was created?

Not the clock seting of the animation.


-- 
Roland Mösl - PEGE - http://www.pege.org
Planetary Engineering Group Earth


Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Feature request: EXIF for PNG
Date: 25 Dec 2011 18:58:49
Message: <4ef77269$1@news.povray.org>
On 25.12.11 19:41, Roland Mösl wrote:
>> Doesn't your OS tell you when the file was created?
>
> Not the clock seting of the animation.

But that is part of the filename...

     Thorsten


Post a reply to this message

From: Roland Mösl
Subject: Re: Feature request: EXIF for PNG
Date: 25 Dec 2011 21:14:28
Message: <4ef79234$1@news.povray.org>
On 2011-12-25 19:58, Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> On 25.12.11 19:41, Roland Mösl wrote:
>>> Doesn't your OS tell you when the file was created?
>>
>> Not the clock seting of the animation.
>
> But that is part of the filename...

Only for a full animation.

Not when I render single files
with higher resolution as it happened
at the book cover.

-- 
Roland Mösl - PEGE - http://www.pege.org
Planetary Engineering Group Earth


Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: Feature request: EXIF for PNG
Date: 26 Dec 2011 17:41:58
Message: <4ef8b1e6@news.povray.org>
Roland Mösl <fou### [at] pegeorg> wrote:
> At what clock did I produce my book cover?

> I can not remember.

> An EXIF information with the clock seting
> in the PNG file would be very pracitcall.

  Make a feature request at http://bugs.povray.org

  It sounds like something that would be useful and easy to implement.

-- 
                                                          - Warp


Post a reply to this message

From: Roland Mösl
Subject: Re: Feature request: EXIF for PNG
Date: 27 Dec 2011 11:37:51
Message: <4ef9ae0f$1@news.povray.org>
On 2011-12-26 18:41, Warp wrote:
> Roland Mösl<fou### [at] pegeorg>  wrote:
>> At what clock did I produce my book cover?
>
>> I can not remember.
>
>> An EXIF information with the clock seting
>> in the PNG file would be very pracitcall.
>
>    Make a feature request at http://bugs.povray.org
>
>    It sounds like something that would be useful and easy to implement.


Just registered as bugs.povray.org and sent the feature request


-- 
Roland Mösl - PEGE - http://www.pege.org
Planetary Engineering Group Earth


Post a reply to this message

From: StephenS
Subject: Re: Feature request: EXIF for PNG
Date: 27 Dec 2011 17:40:01
Message: <web.4efa021c2cce60a658123d050@news.povray.org>
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Roland_M=F6sl?= <fou### [at] pegeorg> wrote:
> On 2011-12-26 18:41, Warp wrote:
> > Roland Mösl<fou### [at] pegeorg>  wrote:
> >> At what clock did I produce my book cover?
> >
> >> I can not remember.
> >
> >> An EXIF information with the clock seting
> >> in the PNG file would be very pracitcall.
> >
> >    Make a feature request at http://bugs.povray.org
> >
> >    It sounds like something that would be useful and easy to implement.
>
>
> Just registered as bugs.povray.org and sent the feature request
>
>
> --
> Roland Mösl - PEGE - http://www.pege.org
> Planetary Engineering Group Earth

I think your feature request can be handled like this.

computer 1 should render 0..799
computer 2 should render 800..1599

In your animation.ini file:

Initial_Frame = 0
Final_Frame = 9999
Subset_Start_Frame = 0
Subset_End_Frame = 799
;Subset_Start_Frame = 800
;Subset_End_Frame = 1599

Only change your Subset_start/end_frames and not your Initial/Final_Frame.
This should give you four (4) digits on the resulting filename.

Stephen S


Post a reply to this message

From: Roland Mösl
Subject: Re: Feature request: EXIF for PNG
Date: 28 Dec 2011 08:42:52
Message: <4efad68c@news.povray.org>
On 2011-12-27 18:36, StephenS wrote:
> =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Roland_M=F6sl?=<fou### [at] pegeorg>  wrote:
>> On 2011-12-26 18:41, Warp wrote:
>>> Roland Mösl<fou### [at] pegeorg>   wrote:
>>>> At what clock did I produce my book cover?
>>>
>>>> I can not remember.
>>>
>>>> An EXIF information with the clock seting
>>>> in the PNG file would be very pracitcall.
>>>
>>>     Make a feature request at http://bugs.povray.org
>>>
>>>     It sounds like something that would be useful and easy to implement.
>>
>>
>> Just registered as bugs.povray.org and sent the feature request
>>
>>
>> --
>> Roland Mösl - PEGE - http://www.pege.org
>> Planetary Engineering Group Earth
>
> I think your feature request can be handled like this.
>
> computer 1 should render 0..799
> computer 2 should render 800..1599
>
> In your animation.ini file:
>
> Initial_Frame = 0
> Final_Frame = 9999
> Subset_Start_Frame = 0
> Subset_End_Frame = 799
> ;Subset_Start_Frame = 800
> ;Subset_End_Frame = 1599
>
> Only change your Subset_start/end_frames and not your Initial/Final_Frame.
> This should give you four (4) digits on the resulting filename.
>
> Stephen S

Thanks!

Typical case from Read The Manual.

I did not scroll down far enough to read also the Subset setings.

-- 
Roland Mösl - PEGE - http://www.pege.org
Planetary Engineering Group Earth


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.