POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : The problem to make something invisible Server Time
18 Apr 2024 17:23:52 EDT (-0400)
  The problem to make something invisible (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Roland Mösl
Subject: The problem to make something invisible
Date: 11 Nov 2011 09:05:26
Message: <4ebd2ba6$1@news.povray.org>
I just wandted to make something invisible in an animation

reduce reflection to 0
increase filter to 1
change color to 1 1 1

Some objectes really disappear,
but the font based on CHARS.INC,
there are some mysteriouse ghost reflexionx in the air.

Just solved the mysterium with phong.
Reducing phong to 0, and the mysteriouse ghosts
disappeared

> I just wandted to make something invisible in an animation
>
> reduce reflection to 0
> increase filter to 1
> change color to 1 1 1
>
> Some objectes really disappear,
> but the font based on CHARS.INC,
> there are some mysteriouse ghost reflexionx in the air.
>
> Just solved the mysterium with phong.
> Reducing phong to 0, and the mysteriouse ghosts
> disappeared

This effect does not depend on the object type, but on its finish. If
the finish has specular or phong highlights (either explicitly or by
inheriting from the default finish), you'll see those even if the
surface is otherwise invisible.