POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Search animation Earth hit by a meteorit Server Time: 23 Oct 2019 03:31:52 GMT
  Search animation Earth hit by a meteorit (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Roland Mösl
Subject: Search animation Earth hit by a meteorit
Date: 24 Oct 2011 18:58:08
Message: <4ea5b540@news.povray.org>
Hallo!

I just have to create a 5 minutes video
for a big prize ceremony about me.

In this video will be some of my own
POV animations, from
"GEMINI inhabited solar power plant",
and "Land for energy"

But I need 2 more animations:

Earth hit by a meteroit
65 millions year ago

Sun beomes a Nova in 5 billion years.

Any ideas?

best regards

Roland Mösl

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Subject: Re: Search animation Earth hit by a meteorit
Date: 27 Oct 2011 23:07:50
Message: <4ea9e446@news.povray.org>
Le 2011/10/24 14:58, Roland Mösl a écrit :
> Hallo!
>
> I just have to create a 5 minutes video
> for a big prize ceremony about me.
>
> In this video will be some of my own
> POV animations, from
> "GEMINI inhabited solar power plant",
> and "Land for energy"
>
> But I need 2 more animations:
>
> Earth hit by a meteroit
> 65 millions year ago
>
> Sun beomes a Nova in 5 billion years.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> best regards
>
> Roland Mösl

Forget the Sun going nova. It will just NEVER appen, it simply don't
have the required mass by at least a factor of 15, probably some more.

It will probably expand by a factor of 100 to 100000 over some millenias
starting in 5 to 12 billion years. It may last maybe a few 1000000
years. It will then slowly shrink down to about 1% of it's current
radius. This again, will take several 1000's of years.

Post a reply to this message