POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : What program to make a movie Server Time: 19 Oct 2019 09:15:55 GMT
  What program to make a movie (Message 1 to 10 of 15)  
Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 5 Messages >>>
From: Roland Mösl
Subject: What program to make a movie
Date: 19 May 2011 09:38:59
Message: <4dd4e533@news.povray.org>
I can not find in

Magix Video Delux 2008 plus a possibility
to import many *.PNG files generated from
POV for an animated scence

Windows Life Movie Maker
has a good import for pictures,
but can only store *.WMV format

What cheap (Magic was only 25.-EUR)
movie software to make videos from
POV pictures?

--
Roland Mösl


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: What program to make a movie
Date: 19 May 2011 10:10:24
Message: <4dd4ec90$1@news.povray.org>
On 19/05/2011 10:39 AM, Roland Mösl wrote:
> What cheap (Magic was only 25.-EUR)
> movie software to make videos from
> POV pictures?

TMpgenc is very cheap, it's free.

http://www.tmpgenc.net/

-- 
Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Christian Froeschlin
Subject: Re: What program to make a movie
Date: 19 May 2011 18:00:08
Message: <4dd55aa8$1@news.povray.org>
If you can work with the command line:

   http://www.ffmpeg.org/

There also seem to be some GUIs written
around that but I never tried them.


Post a reply to this message

From: Patrick Elliott
Subject: Re: What program to make a movie
Date: 20 May 2011 08:40:57
Message: <4dd62919$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/19/2011 11:00 AM, Christian Froeschlin wrote:
> If you can work with the command line:
>
> http://www.ffmpeg.org/
>
> There also seem to be some GUIs written
> around that but I never tried them.
Problem with both of these though, unfortunately. ffmpeg seems to cause 
problems with "some" applications. Mind, it may have been with Media 
Player, which is junk anyway, or something, I don't remember.

The audio encoding for TMpgenc is really poor, and they admit it on 
their own site. Its not a huge issue, in most cases, but trying to, for 
example, recode something can result in sync problems, complete loss of 
audio, and other issues. And, in some cases you *might* try to create a 
video, only to find part of the sound missing, or not synced right. If 
you could afford it, buying their updated encoder, which contains fixes 
for those things, as well as more formats (like dvd).

It really annoys me that there isn't anything better out there, which is 
still free. This is especially true when trying to do conversions. I 
spent a lot of time trying to do a simple re-mixing of multiple files 
together and ended up with a) lower video quality, b) sound gaps between 
the segments that where linked, etc. But, these things are, never the 
less, the only stuff out there at the moment, that I could find, which 
wasn't even more limited/poorer.


Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Subject: Re: What program to make a movie
Date: 20 May 2011 15:55:32
Message: <4dd68ef4$1@news.povray.org>
Le 20/05/2011 10:40, Patrick Elliott nous fit lire :
> 
> It really annoys me that there isn't anything better out there, which is
> still free.

Well, I refrain from answering sooner, because it is on another system
(and OS holy war are no point): kdenlive is a free non linear movie
editor... for Linux, FreeBSD & Mac OS X.

There is a DVD-live and a VirtualBox images too for the Locked OS.

http://kdenlive.org/user-manual/downloading-and-installing-kdenlive


Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Subject: Re: What program to make a movie
Date: 20 May 2011 17:15:01
Message: <web.4dd6a0e68204a8cd352a052d0@news.povray.org>
Blender got a full video and audio sequence editor builtin, based on FFmpeg.  It
was used for Blender own movies, for instance.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Manual/Sequencer/Usage

Blender 2.5 is still a work in progress, so I suggest the sequencer from the
latest stable 2.49 release.


Post a reply to this message

From: Patrick Elliott
Subject: Re: What program to make a movie
Date: 20 May 2011 22:14:34
Message: <4dd6e7ca@news.povray.org>
On 5/20/2011 8:55 AM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Le 20/05/2011 10:40, Patrick Elliott nous fit lire :
>>
>> It really annoys me that there isn't anything better out there, which is
>> still free.
>
> Well, I refrain from answering sooner, because it is on another system
> (and OS holy war are no point): kdenlive is a free non linear movie
> editor... for Linux, FreeBSD&  Mac OS X.
>
> There is a DVD-live and a VirtualBox images too for the Locked OS.
>
> http://kdenlive.org/user-manual/downloading-and-installing-kdenlive
>
I don't doubt there are some on Linux, just annoyed you can't find 
either anything useful under Windows, or ports of something from the 
other side of the computer world. :p


Post a reply to this message

From: Patrick Elliott
Subject: Re: What program to make a movie
Date: 20 May 2011 22:16:50
Message: <4dd6e852@news.povray.org>
On 5/20/2011 10:12 AM, nemesis wrote:
> Blender got a full video and audio sequence editor builtin, based on FFmpeg.  It
> was used for Blender own movies, for instance.
>
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Manual/Sequencer/Usage
>
> Blender 2.5 is still a work in progress, so I suggest the sequencer from the
> latest stable 2.49 release.
>
>
>
Hmm. If Blender uses FFmpeg, then it must be someone else I was thinking 
of. There was one used in the past, to zip png into video, which another 
application barfed on, when installed. It had a similar name, but not 
sure what it was.


Post a reply to this message

From: Anthony D  Baye
Subject: Re: What program to make a movie
Date: 21 May 2011 01:15:01
Message: <web.4dd710dc8204a8cd9c4fb0ad0@news.povray.org>
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Roland_M=F6sl?= <fou### [at] pegeorg> wrote:
> I can not find in
>
> Magix Video Delux 2008 plus a possibility
> to import many *.PNG files generated from
> POV for an animated scence
>
> Windows Life Movie Maker
> has a good import for pictures,
> but can only store *.WMV format
>
> What cheap (Magic was only 25.-EUR)
> movie software to make videos from
> POV pictures?
>
> --
> Roland Mösl

I have, in times past, had some success with Bink and Smacker, but I had to use
a separate tool to set the frame rate as Bink only seems to support 24fps.

Currently, my best friend for animation is Mencoder, which is a cross-platform
command-line utility for encoding video, either from a sequence of images or
from one format to another.

Of course, I find the command line in linux to be a great deal more user
friendly than the one in windows, but I like almost everything better than
windows.

Happy hunting,
A.D.B.


Post a reply to this message

From: Anthony D  Baye
Subject: Re: What program to make a movie
Date: 21 May 2011 01:20:01
Message: <web.4dd712ee8204a8cd9c4fb0ad0@news.povray.org>
"Anthony D. Baye" <Sha### [at] spamnomorehotmailcom> wrote:
> =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Roland_M=F6sl?= <fou### [at] pegeorg> wrote:
> > I can not find in
> >
> > Magix Video Delux 2008 plus a possibility
> > to import many *.PNG files generated from
> > POV for an animated scence
> >
> > Windows Life Movie Maker
> > has a good import for pictures,
> > but can only store *.WMV format
> >
> > What cheap (Magic was only 25.-EUR)
> > movie software to make videos from
> > POV pictures?
> >
> > --
> > Roland Mösl
>
> I have, in times past, had some success with Bink and Smacker, but I had to use
> a separate tool to set the frame rate as Bink only seems to support 24fps.
>
> Currently, my best friend for animation is Mencoder, which is a cross-platform
> command-line utility for encoding video, either from a sequence of images or
> from one format to another.
>
> Of course, I find the command line in linux to be a great deal more user
> friendly than the one in windows, but I like almost everything better than
> windows.
>
> Happy hunting,
> A.D.B.

My bad, it seems that mencoder is not cross-platform.

Regards,
A.D.B.


Post a reply to this message

Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 5 Messages >>>

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.