POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Loco-Motion Server Time
19 Apr 2024 20:19:07 EDT (-0400)
  Loco-Motion (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: clipka
Subject: Loco-Motion
Date: 24 Sep 2009 20:52:28
Message: <4abc144c@news.povray.org>
A small animation to verify that I rigged up the drive and valve gear
properly - and actually my first POV-Ray animation ever!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'fullahead.wmv' (397 KB)

From: clipka
Subject: Re: Loco-Motion
Date: 24 Sep 2009 20:59:01
Message: <4abc15d5@news.povray.org>
Same as before, but with the johnson bar set in full reverse position
(with the wheels running backwards of course).

As the expert will recognize at first glance, this is not the classic
Walschaert (aka Heusinger) valve gear, but rather the "Southern" gear.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'fullreverse.wmv' (404 KB)

> As the expert will recognize at first glance, this is not the classic
Well yes you fooled me there, but I was at least expecting it in a binaries
group :-)

Stephen S

Post a reply to this message

> Well yes you fooled me there, but I was at least expecting it in a binaries
> group :-)

Darn, yes... sorry everyone. Will probably happen again some time...

Post a reply to this message

Congratulations!  Now you can make a movie :)

clipka wrote:
> A small animation to verify that I rigged up the drive and valve gear
> properly - and actually my first POV-Ray animation ever!

Post a reply to this message

> Congratulations!  Now you can make a movie :)
>
> clipka wrote:
>> A small animation to verify that I rigged up the drive and valve gear
>> properly - and actually my first POV-Ray animation ever!

It would be nice to see in a format besides .wmv for us LINUX users! :)

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 14 Oct 2009 20:04:52
Message: <4ad66724$1@news.povray.org>
Jeff Houck schrieb:

>>> A small animation to verify that I rigged up the drive and valve gear
>>> properly - and actually my first POV-Ray animation ever!
>>>

> It would be nice to see in a format besides .wmv for us LINUX users! :)

You may want to check out the .avi animation I posted under the same
title in p.b.animations - it's somewhat more sophisticated anyway.