POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : AviSynth Server Time
19 Apr 2024 07:19:27 EDT (-0400)
  AviSynth (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: David H  Burns
Subject: AviSynth
Date: 22 Jul 2008 09:35:02
Message: <4885e206$1@news.povray.org>
I tried to download and install Avisynth, but after installation found
there was no
executable file. I couldn't find an answer or obvious way to ask
questions on the Avisynth
webpage. Doest anyone know anything about it.

Thanks,

David

Post a reply to this message

> I tried to download and install Avisynth, but after installation found
> there was no
> executable file.

AviSynth is essentially a codec.  You write your scripts as .avs files, then
just open them with your favourite media player as if they were an avi file.
AviSynth will parse your script and generate the video transparently and
on-the-fly.  Try running some of the example files included.

Post a reply to this message

>> I tried to download and install Avisynth, but after installation found
>> there was no
>> executable file.
>
> AviSynth is essentially a codec.  You write your scripts as .avs files,
> then just open them with your favourite media player as if they were an
> avi file. AviSynth will parse your script and generate the video
> transparently and on-the-fly.  Try running some of the example files
> included.

Thanks, Scott. This sounds interesting.

David

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 14:07:07 +0200, "scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:

>> I tried to download and install Avisynth, but after installation found
>> there was no
>> executable file.
>
>AviSynth is essentially a codec.  You write your scripts as .avs files, then
>just open them with your favourite media player as if they were an avi file.
>AviSynth will parse your script and generate the video transparently and
>on-the-fly.  Try running some of the example files included.

I believe that Virtual Dub can read these files and create the AVI defined in
the script.
--

Regards
     Stephen