POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Hint for smaller animations Server Time
2 Jun 2024 13:03:14 EDT (-0400)
  Hint for smaller animations (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Josh
Subject: Hint for smaller animations
Date: 13 Oct 2005 06:07:40
Message: <434e31ec$1@news.povray.org>
My animations have previously been massively bloated, taking up huge amounts
of disk space for even short movies.

Last night I hit upon a straight forward way of slimming them.

Up until now I've been building my animations from BMP files, but if I
convert all of my images to JPG first, the resulting animation is at least
2/3 smaller! ( It also runs smoother )

Just thought I'd share.

Post a reply to this message