POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : BMP to MPEG Server Time
1 Jun 2024 08:10:47 EDT (-0400)
  BMP to MPEG (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Josh
Subject: BMP to MPEG
Date: 19 Sep 2005 12:11:41
Message: <432ee33d$1@news.povray.org>
A common question I'm afraid.

What free software would you recommend to build a series of BMPs into  an
Mpeg?

Post a reply to this message

From: Tom Galvin
Subject: Re: BMP to MPEG
Date: 19 Sep 2005 14:01:07
Message: <432efce3$1@news.povray.org>
Josh wrote:
> What free software would you recommend to build a series of BMPs into  an
> Mpeg?

I use http://www.tmpgenc.net/ If you output to PNG instead, use the PNG VFAPI plugin.
Same quality, less
space than BMP.

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.utilities/attachment/%3C3a82f26c%40news.povray.org%3E/vfpng.zip

The other common tool used here is http://www.virtualdub.org/

Post a reply to this message

From: Oleguer Vilella
Date: 19 Sep 2005 15:41:23
Message: <432f1463@news.povray.org>
I use AviCreator.

Regards,
Oleguer

From: Oleguer Vilella
Date: 19 Sep 2005 15:42:13
Message: <432f1495@news.povray.org>
Sorry, you were asking about MPEG.

Oleguer

From: Warp
Date: 20 Sep 2005 02:19:30
Message: <432fa9f2@news.povray.org>
Oleguer Vilella <ole### [at] infonegociocom> wrote:
> I use AviCreator.

  Is that the same AviCreator which I once tried and which, for some
completely inexplicable reason, tried to load *every single image* to
memory before giving the option to save them to an avi (meaning that if
you had even a fair amount of frames you would quickly run out of memory),
and which didn't even have support for codecs?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

Well, I don't if it's the same... If the name is AviCreator should be the
same.

It's gives an .AVI archive and you've to render all the images using POV-Ray
to creat the .AVI
Using 30 frames it works OK. I've never used it for more images.

Regards,
Oleguer

> Oleguer Vilella <ole### [at] infonegociocom> wrote:
>> I use AviCreator.
>
>  Is that the same AviCreator which I once tried and which, for some
> completely inexplicable reason, tried to load *every single image* to
> memory before giving the option to save them to an avi (meaning that if
> you had even a fair amount of frames you would quickly run out of memory),
> and which didn't even have support for codecs?
>
> --
>                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message