POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : TMPENc occasionally just won't make a playable MPG-1. Server Time
18 Jun 2024 08:26:17 EDT (-0400)
  TMPENc occasionally just won't make a playable MPG-1. (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: TMPENc occasionally just won't make a playable MPG-1.
Date: 27 Feb 2004 22:25:52
Message: <40400a40$1@news.povray.org>
Has anyone else ever noticed this?  Any fixes?

It makes a file but it won't play in either WMP or Winamp, and the Explorer
window won't show a thumbnail for it.

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 27 Feb 2004 22:36:28
Message: <40400cbc@news.povray.org>
> Has anyone else ever noticed this?  Any fixes?
>
> It makes a file but it won't play in either WMP or Winamp, and the
Explorer
> window won't show a thumbnail for it.

Probably doesn't help much, but I've never had that happen to me. I did
notice though that once or twice it told me that certain settings weren't
along the guidelines for MPG-1, and that some viewers might not be able to
display them. But I'm not sure what they were.

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>

Post a reply to this message

Okay thanks.  Did you understand my question about how to pseudo-code out a
constant energy solution?  I'm wondering if it's not possible for multi-body
3D.  Either I asked the question in too ornerily a fashion or I've stumped
the world.