POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Keeping variables through frames. Server Time
18 Jun 2024 08:19:51 EDT (-0400)
  Keeping variables through frames. (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Dave Sproson
Subject: Keeping variables through frames.
Date: 9 Feb 2004 14:20:39
Message: <4027dd87@news.povray.org>
Is there any way to change a variable in one frame and then use that value
in the next frame?

Cheers,
Dave

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Subject: Re: Keeping variables through frames.
Date: 9 Feb 2004 14:37:54
Message: <4027e192$1@news.povray.org>
> Is there any way to change a variable in one frame and then use that value
> in the next frame?

Unless you use file-IO (writing the variable to disk and loading it for the
next frame), not that I know of.

<shameless plug>
I've written a couple of File-I/O Macros for just that. Just take a look at
the Downloads-Section on my homepage. The link is in my sig.
</shameless plug>

Regards,
Tim

--