POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Most ambitious ever! Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:27:48 EDT (-0400)
  Most ambitious ever! (Message 11 to 20 of 41)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Most ambitious ever!
Date: 22 Sep 2003 16:54:42
Message: <3f6f6192@news.povray.org>
Andrew Coppin <orp### [at] btinternetcom> wrote:
> Didn't see anywhere to adjust that... I was a "quality" setting, with I set
> to 100% (despite being warned that 90% would probably be as good). Still
> looked aweful! I'll have another look at it...

  If you are using for example the DivX5 codec, then in virtualdub
you can select Video -> Compression... -> DivX whatever -> Configure
  It will pop up the DivX configuration dialog which, among other things,
has an "Encoding bitrate" slider. Set it to something like 3000 kbps or
more and that should be plenty enough.
  Other codecs (such as Xvid) have similar configuration dialogs.