POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Sony Screenblast Movie Studio... Server Time
3 Jul 2024 03:44:35 EDT (-0400)
  Sony Screenblast Movie Studio... (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Sony Screenblast Movie Studio...
Date: 1 Sep 2003 22:53:59
Message: <3f540647$1@news.povray.org>
... doesn't appear to be for povvers.

I recently purchased it and find it nothing but frustrating.  The following
is either a product review or a call for help.

1) When I want to insert BMP's, I have to drag-select the whole list of
bitmaps instead of merely selecting the first in a series, such as
my_animation001.bmp.

2) When I drag these bitmaps up into the video area, they end up taking up
like a whole second of output time, instead of a "frame".

3) It's too easy to hit a button in the application accidentally and end up
on a web page where one is harangued to pay for silly things, like backdrop
images.

4) When I exported my movie, it was 46 MB whereas it should have been 0.44MB
or less.   Playing the generated MPG-1 movie crashes Windows Media Player
with an error message about a missing DLL.

The target customer is apparently a dummy wishing to manipulate home movies.

The bummer is that in the store, the feature list of this product was
indistinguishable from that of the latest Roxio offering, which I assumed
may have been a replacement for MainActor.   (I was pissed at Roxio but more
pissed at Screenblast now if not Sony)....

Post a reply to this message