POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Red-Blue Anaglyphs Server Time
26 Jun 2024 14:29:34 EDT (-0400)
  Red-Blue Anaglyphs (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: RetroJ
Subject: Red-Blue Anaglyphs
Date: 21 Aug 2003 18:50:07
Message: <3f454c9f$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,
    Is anybody else doing stuff like this?  (Get Spy-Kids Red-Blue glasses
from McDonalds.)

http://home.netcom.com/~alrai/bildoj/Anaglyph_Werner_Boys_Surface_jjf8712.mpg

    To make both a left and right eye version of each frame, I first render
all the frames with my chosen camera.  Then I rotate the camera by a degree
or two:

#declare RIGHT_EYE = 1
camera {
#ifdef (RIGHT_EYE) rotate y*-2 #end
}
    and render the "right eye" frames.  I use the freeware program Stereo
Photo Maker ( http://www3.zero.ad.jp/esuto/stphmkr/index_e.htm ) to batch
combine the lefts and rights into anaglyphs.   The frame filenames have to
be patterned like: anim000.L.bmp and anim000.R.bmp.  After using Stereo
Photo Maker, I combine the finished frames with the bmp->avi program linked
on the Povray Resources page.

Just scratching the surface of what Povray can do, and having a great time,
RetroJ

Post a reply to this message