POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Internet Movie Project Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:05:43 EDT (-0400)
  Internet Movie Project (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: OverlordQ
Subject: Internet Movie Project
Date: 20 Jul 2003 14:43:14
Message: <3f1ae2c2$1@news.povray.org>
I dont know if many of you have heard of this before, but you should check
it out none-the-less: http://www.imp.org/ It's a collaborative effort
between many people, to render the animations then create the movie out of
the still frames.  So far they've had 3 'jobs' so far. Of 900, 450, and 1800
frames respectively.  It's nothing overly complicated yet, but as you can
see: http://www.imp.org/impfarm/job-show.asp, they're getting there, if you
have any designs or ideas stop by the forums: http://www.imp.org/forums/ and
submit them, since it is a public project :)

Post a reply to this message

How many cpus do you have available? I have some very tough scenes from my
current animation that could use some help.
Thanks,
D.

"OverlordQ" <ove### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> I dont know if many of you have heard of this before, but you should check
> it out none-the-less: http://www.imp.org/ It's a collaborative effort
> between many people, to render the animations then create the movie out of
> the still frames.  So far they've had 3 'jobs' so far. Of 900, 450, and
1800
> frames respectively.  It's nothing overly complicated yet, but as you can
> see: http://www.imp.org/impfarm/job-show.asp, they're getting there, if
you
> have any designs or ideas stop by the forums: http://www.imp.org/forums/
and
> submit them, since it is a public project :)

Post a reply to this message

"Dennis Miller" <dhm### [at] comcastnet> wrote in

> How many cpus do you have available? I have some very tough scenes
> from my current animation that could use some help.
> Thanks,
> D.

There are about 50-60 right now, but the number is growing daily.  Check
out the statistics page: http://www.imp.org/impfarm/status-show.asp

--
Tom