POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Exporting pov file from moray for animation Server Time
3 Jul 2024 03:06:57 EDT (-0400)
  Exporting pov file from moray for animation (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: John Rolston
Subject: Exporting pov file from moray for animation
Date: 12 Jun 2003 17:38:20
Message: <3ee8f2cc$1@news.povray.org>
I created an animation on a Windows machine and used "Render | Export"
to export the pov file so I can render the animation on our Linux
cluster.  However, the part that is not working is that the exported POV
files do not contain the "animation" commands.  The ones like "rotate"
etc. When you export it, it only contains the current "still frame" so I
can't render it on the cluster. As a result, it will just do one frame.
  Does anybody know how to fix this?  Thanks.

John

Post a reply to this message

John Rolston <rol### [at] physicspurdueedu> wrote in news:3ee8f2cc$1
@news.povray.org:

> I created an animation on a Windows machine and used "Render | Export"
> to export the pov file so I can render the animation on our Linux
> cluster.  However, the part that is not working is that the exported POV
> files do not contain the "animation" commands.  The ones like "rotate"
> etc. When you export it, it only contains the current "still frame" so I
> can't render it on the cluster. As a result, it will just do one frame.
>   Does anybody know how to fix this?  Thanks.
>
> John

It is not possible to make moray export animation directives, since moray's
system of animation IS to just export each still frame as a seperate pov
file and render it.

one approach you could take is to simply try and export each individual pov
file, and then send groups of the files to render on your linux cluster.

Or you could go about the tedius process of coverting your animation to
native pov-code by hand.

Hope this helps.