POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Re: Boiling water? Server Time
3 Jul 2024 04:50:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Boiling water? (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Hughes, B
Subject: Re: Boiling water?
Date: 27 May 2003 05:34:48
Message: <3ed33138@news.povray.org>
"Alan Walkington" <alan[REMOVE]@walkington.net> wrote in message
news:3ec1926c@news.povray.org...

> I can figure out the flask, and the tripod, and the bunsen burner and the
> flame (sort of), but
> any suggestions on how I create the boiling liquid with bubbles, roiling
> surface, and steam????

Looks like no one is coming up with ideas here, or just very few people
seeing the question.

My guess would be that a complex blob object might work okay for the
turbulent water. It needs turbulent refraction (ior) too, though, so that
the motion isn't confined to only the top surface but also seen down within
the liquid. Bubbles within the liquid could be introduced as a second set of
blob components differenced away from the first.

Getting a froth on the surface could be trickier simply because you'd want
them to be only shells of liquid, ideally. But maybe you weren't saying
that.

Steam vapor is easy enough using media. It's the motion of that too that
complicates the thing.

If an example of this exists already that would really simplify matters.
Most complex thing I ever did remotely resembling such a liquid motion is a
stream of water going past a rock and that isn't nearly the same thing at
all (no bubbles).

I wonder if Rune's Particle System include (runevision.com) would be of help
for this?

Bob H.