POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Calling PovRay from a batch file... Server Time
5 Jul 2024 12:38:13 EDT (-0400)
  Calling PovRay from a batch file... (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Freddy D
Subject: Calling PovRay from a batch file...
Date: 4 Nov 2002 19:01:45
Message: <3dc70a69$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all..

I'm trying to render again a pretty old animation (more than 5 years
old..)..

Povray is called within a batch file, just because i need to set many
variables before
each frame render, like this :

echo #declare Var1 = 1 > file.inc
echo #declare Var2 = 2 >> file.inc
povray +i<source_file>

echo <other values..>
povray +i<same_source_file>
etc..

The problem is that Povray just don't calculate all frames, and displays
that message :
'Only /edit and /render may be passed from the prevoius instance' (or
so..)
Each time this is displayed, povray skip a frame... and i have to hit
enter, or the comp freezes
in no time (too many processes...)

I tried to play with all options in the menus, but no succeess.. :/

What's the way to avoid that error ? A clue, anyone ?.. :)

Thanks...
--
FD
Mode { NOSPAM } = On ;