POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Camera animation Server Time
5 Jul 2024 13:01:06 EDT (-0400)
  Camera animation (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: MiSTer
Subject: Camera animation
Date: 30 Oct 2002 20:36:30
Message: <3dc0891e@news.povray.org>
A quick question...
Is it possible to animate the camera position along a path...
To do flyovers, zoom-in's... turn camera around while moving and so on...

I'm a newbee so please, be nice :)

/MiSTer

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: Camera animation
Date: 30 Oct 2002 21:04:25
Message: <3DC08F79.322324F6@pacbell.net>
MiSTer wrote:

> A quick question...
> Is it possible to animate the camera position along a path...
> To do flyovers, zoom-in's... turn camera around while moving and so on...

Yes, it is possible. A camera may be both rotated and translated. Applying
those two features along with the clock animation feature you can accomplish
much of what you asked for.

> I'm a newbee so please, be nice :)

For the newbee I recommend you take a look at Chris Colefax's clock_mod.inc
file. It will help ease the pain :) Also visit the tutorial linked to from
his site for tips on using that file.

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434/

--
Ken Tyler