POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Panning Camera Across a Starfield Server Time
8 Jul 2024 16:52:20 EDT (-0400)
  Panning Camera Across a Starfield (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Tom Vanderpoel
Subject: Panning Camera Across a Starfield
Date: 5 Sep 2002 02:17:56
Message: <3d76f714$1@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I'm working on an outer space animation.  I'm generating a starfield using a
large sphere and the Starfield macros included with starts.inc.   Here is
the code (taken from a tip I found online)

sphere
{ 0, 1
  hollow // So it doesn't interfere with any media in the scene
  texture { Starfield1 }
  scale 100000
}

During the first part of the animation, the camera doesn't move.
Originally, the antialiasing was causing the stars to flicker terribly.
After a bit of studying, I found that turning off the Jitter option cleared
it up.  So far so good.

Now, when the camera begins to rotate, the starfield flickers again (even
with AA totally off).  Perhaps the method I'm using for the stars is not a
good one for animations.  Does anyone have a technique that works?

Thanks,
Tom

Post a reply to this message