POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : how to get video to loop smoothly? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 14:38:57 EDT (-0400)
  how to get video to loop smoothly? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Steve Shelby
Subject: how to get video to loop smoothly?
Date: 4 Jul 2002 09:20:10
Message: <3d244b8a$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,
This is a problem that I suspect is created by Media Player, but I don't
know for sure. Some of the animations I make have to loop flawlessly in
order to achieve the proper effect. My latest one is falling rain.
Everything look OK, except that it hesitates every time it loops, which
destroys the desired illusion of continuously falling rain. It appears that
the last frame holds for an extra amount of time before it goes back to the
first frame. I have tried editing out the last frame, but that doesn't help;
it just hesitates on the new last frame. Any Ideas out there?
Thank you,
Steve Shelby

Post a reply to this message

"Steve Shelby" <ssh### [at] rexnetnet> wrote in message
> Hi,
> This is a problem that I suspect is created by Media Player, but I don't
> know for sure. Some of the animations I make have to loop flawlessly in
> order to achieve the proper effect. My latest one is falling rain.
> Everything look OK, except that it hesitates every time it loops, which
> destroys the desired illusion of continuously falling rain. It appears
that
> the last frame holds for an extra amount of time before it goes back to
the
> first frame. I have tried editing out the last frame, but that doesn't
help;
> it just hesitates on the new last frame. Any Ideas out there?
> Thank you,
> Steve Shelby

I've had this too, I think it's windows media player that's at fault, try
this instead:
http://www.gromada.com/Moyager.html

jim

Post a reply to this message