POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : "static" variable declaration Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:16:40 EDT (-0400)
  "static" variable declaration (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Jochen Issing
Subject: "static" variable declaration
Date: 9 Dec 2001 06:56:25
Message: <3c135168@news.povray.org>
Hi there,
I am trying to animate water and want to do in an quite
"natural" way.
So I need to declare some variables/arrays "global",
means: declared and initialized in the first
frame (clock_start). Further it should memorize its value(s),
that will be recalculated in the next frame, but with
reminding the old value (calculated in the previous frame)
and so on until the last frame.
The only possibility I saw, was to write the values in a
file at the end of parsing and to read it out again in
the next frame. But perhaps there is a possibility, to
do this with a specific declaration, such as "static" in
the C++-Programming language.
--
jochen issing
mailto:joc### [at] mcf-musicde