POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Depth of Field Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:30:13 EDT (-0400)
  Depth of Field (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Maan M  Hamze
Subject: Depth of Field
Date: 4 Dec 2000 01:30:52
Message: <3a2b3a1c@news.povray.org>
Are there any utilities to achieve depth of field depending on focal length
and f-stop of lens on Camera in povray?
depth of field, motion blur, and lens flare:  I wish it is integrated into
povray!
Maan

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: Depth of Field
Date: 4 Dec 2000 04:21:29
Message: <3a2b6219@news.povray.org>
Maan M. Hamze <mmh### [at] pleiadesnet> wrote:
: Are there any utilities to achieve depth of field depending on focal length
: and f-stop of lens on Camera in povray?
: depth of field, motion blur, and lens flare:  I wish it is integrated into
: povray!

  The official povray has focal blur (didn't you read the documentation?).
  Lens flares for the official povray are available as an include file.

  MegaPov has support for motion blur (I don't remember if it will be in
povray 3.5... Probably).

> Maan M. Hamze <mmh### [at] pleiadesnet> wrote:
> : Are there any utilities to achieve depth of field depending on focal
length
> : and f-stop of lens on Camera in povray?
> : depth of field, motion blur, and lens flare:  I wish it is integrated
into
> : povray!
>
>   The official povray has focal blur (didn't you read the documentation?).
>   Lens flares for the official povray are available as an include file.

I just noticed it.  I have been away for quite a while and seem to be
missing many things in the scene.
But is this focal blur the same as depth of field?

>   MegaPov has support for motion blur (I don't remember if it will be in
> povray 3.5... Probably).

I take it that MegaPov is an unofficial compilation.  where can I find it?
Maan

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Date: 5 Dec 2000 23:36:17