POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Tool for animation from series? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:35:24 EDT (-0400)
  Tool for animation from series? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Rene
Subject: Tool for animation from series?
Date: 25 Jun 2001 05:04:52
Message: <3B36FEB3.5DCF1643@hotmail.com>
Hi experts!

Can anybody tell me what tool to use to create an animation from a
series of tif files?
Anybody ever used RAD Video Tools?

Thanks!
Rene

Post a reply to this message

From: Dearmad
Subject: Re: Tool for animation from series?
Date: 25 Jun 2001 14:09:14
Message: <3B377E76.2C71E3CF@qwest.net>
Rene wrote:

> Hi experts!
>
> Can anybody tell me what tool to use to create an animation from a
> series of tif files?
> Anybody ever used RAD Video Tools?

Yes, my video compressor tool of choice- it'll use
practically any AVI codec you have on your machine
besides, plus its sound integration is tops.  For the
IRTC I'd still use AVI2MPG as BINK won't allow MPG
creation, but to get to AVI I use BINK to process all
the stills.  For my personal use I keep things as
BINKs, decompress is fast and the files are very small,
DivX is just a pain in the butt (though I have over 6
codecs for that too).

Download the sucker and play around with it, at the
very least it does a great job of still to still
conversions if something else won't take in TIFF's.

all IMO,

-peter

--
http://www.users.qwest.net/~dearmad