POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Advice for animation entry? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:27:51 EDT (-0400)
  Advice for animation entry? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Josh English
Subject: Advice for animation entry?
Date: 3 Jan 2001 17:54:40
Message: <3A53ADE5.F07BB573@spiritone.com>
I am close to finalizing my IRTC animation entry for this round and I
have a few questions about getting a decent quality on the animation
when I encode it.

I am planning on a 320 by 240 image size, so should I render at that
size or render at a larger size and let the MPEG encoder shrink it?

How often should I set a keyframe? If I am using 24 frames per second
and each camera shot is set up in nearly even second intervals, should I
have a key frame every 12 or 24 frames?

I will be doing the rendering on an iMac, but I have virtual PC so I can
use DOS and Windows based compilers.

Thanks for any help anyone has.

--
Josh English -- Lexiphanic Lethomaniac