POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Motion blur Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:26:00 EDT (-0400)
  Motion blur (Message 11 to 14 of 14)
From: Simon Lemieux
Subject: Re: Motion blur
Date: 13 Jun 2000 14:37:22
Message: <39467FCB.E72A5375@yahoo.com>
> Yes, this should be better, but will povray interact well with the idea? I mean
> povray will surely be able to make n transparent objects, but will it accumulate
> the colors correctly?

Actually no... the objects are transparent, so we can see the interior of the
objects...  Isn't there a way to accumulate the colors instead?

I guess that for a real motionblur I would need a 3rdParty...

Thanks,
	Simon

Post a reply to this message

I had tried a crude method of motion blur for POV-Ray 3.* and the object
transparency (or opacity) had to be adjusted for allowing of the overlapped
object "clones".  The tendency, without adjustment, caused a brightening of
the filtered color.
It's of no use anymore, and was never really good anyhow, but a zip of the
files is at:
http://members.aol.com/xyzunknown/private/objmblur.zip

Bob

"Simon Lemieux" <lem### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
| > Yes, this should be better, but will povray interact well with the idea? I
mean
| > povray will surely be able to make n transparent objects, but will it
accumulate
| > the colors correctly?
|
| Actually no... the objects are transparent, so we can see the interior of
the
| objects...  Isn't there a way to accumulate the colors instead?
|
| I guess that for a real motionblur I would need a 3rdParty...
|
| Thanks,
| Simon

Post a reply to this message

Simon Lemieux <lem### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
: Actually no... the objects are transparent, so we can see the interior of the
: objects...

  Yes, that's another bad thing I didn't think of. And it's a lot worse.

:  Isn't there a way to accumulate the colors instead?

  Yes, using the motion blur in MegaPov.