POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Compressing AVIs Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:23:18 EDT (-0400)
  Compressing AVIs (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Jon S  Berndt
Subject: Compressing AVIs
Date: 10 Dec 1999 13:04:28
Message: <385140ac@news.povray.org>
When creating an AVI from many BMP files, what is the best compression
scheme to use? Most of them seem to result in significant image degradation,
to me.

Jon

Post a reply to this message

From: TonyB
Subject: Re: Compressing AVIs
Date: 10 Dec 1999 13:15:14
Message: <38514332@news.povray.org>
>When creating an AVI from many BMP files, what is the best compression
>scheme to use? Most of them seem to result in significant image
degradation,
>to me.

I'm afraid you'll always suffer from image degradation. That is the downfall
of lossy compression. Nonetheless, I've found the Intel codecs to be the
best.

Post a reply to this message