POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation doesn't work at all Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:26:22 EDT (-0400)
  Animation doesn't work at all (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Isak Lundin
Subject: Animation doesn't work at all
Date: 17 Nov 1999 14:06:29
Message: <3832fcb5@news.povray.org>
Hi. I have a problem that should be easy to solve for those who've spent
more time with POV than myself. I simply can't make POV animate anything at
all. The clock variable is set to 1.0, I've tried running all sorts of
tutorials, and example files that came with pov, and all it does is render
the first frame. Or, the last frame, to be more exact. If I, for example,
use "rotate 45*clock*y", on an object it displays the object rotated 45
degrees, and does nothing else.

When I look through the messages it says (Animation off). None of the
tutrials describe how to turn it on. Not even the SLD help files, as far as
I can tell.
I'm using 3.1g, the latest version.

Strangely, I remember from earlier versions, that I just loaded an example
file and it animation worked fine.

Could anyone help me?

Isak Lundin Sweden

Post a reply to this message