POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : wireframe from POVRAY? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:16:07 EDT (-0400)
  wireframe from POVRAY? (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: povray
Subject: wireframe from POVRAY?
Date: 10 Oct 1999 23:42:09
Message: <38015c91@news.povray.org>
Can POVRAY generate wire frame images? Or is there a patch or tool to help
it do so?

Linh.

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: wireframe from POVRAY?
Date: 11 Oct 1999 02:02:57
Message: <38017D87.5C99DFE7@pacbell.net>
povray wrote:

> Can POVRAY generate wire frame images?

POV-Ray has not internal ability to do this.

> Or is there a patch or tool to help
> it do so?

If you have an object made in a different program like 3ds or dxf the
program 3DWIn has a pov wireframe export option that uses blobs to
create a wire frame of the object. The file size can become very large
and it 3DWin cannot read pov files. You can find 3DWin on my links page.

--
Ken Tyler -  1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links:

> POV-Ray has not internal ability to do this.
>
> > Or is there a patch or tool to help
> > it do so?
>
> If you have an object made in a different program like 3ds or dxf the
> program 3DWIn has a pov wireframe export option that uses blobs to
> create a wire frame of the object. The file size can become very large
> and it 3DWin cannot read pov files. You can find 3DWin on my links page.

i remember a povray tool which makes bounding
boxes visible. this is not exactly what the
question was about - but should it help, i'm
sure ken has a link in his repository...

	y.

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 11 Oct 1999 13:43:46 +1000, "povray" <lel### [at] mailcom> wrote:

>Can POVRAY generate wire frame images? Or is there a patch or tool to help
>it do so?

  Linh, if you are on the Windows platform the Moray modeler can use the
Polyray plug-in by Alexander Enzmann, which can output wireframe images. I
have only tried it with shape primitives, not blobs or meshes.

--
Alan

> i remember a povray tool which makes bounding
> boxes visible. this is not exactly what the
> question was about - but should it help, i'm
> sure ken has a link in his repository...
>
>         y.

I think the correct link for this would be the POV-Ray documentation.
There is a switch that will let you render the bounding boxes visible
but I don't know what it is off hand.

On Mon, 11 Oct 1999 13:45:55 -0700, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:

>I think the correct link for this would be the POV-Ray documentation.
>There is a switch that will let you render the bounding boxes visible
>but I don't know what it is off hand.

  Ken, +ud will display bounding boxes using a 2D representation.
Interestingly, I had to turn off the focal blur in the test scene I happened
to be using before I could see the bounding boxes.

--
Alan

On Mon, 11 Oct 1999 13:43:46 +1000, "povray" <lel### [at] mailcom> wrote:

>Can POVRAY generate wire frame images? Or is there a patch or tool to help
>it do so?
>
>Linh.

The macro "Striscia" can be used to simulate a wire frame and the originator, Daniele
Varrazzo, gives an example of this in his documentation. It's only good for swept
surfaces
though. Striscia is at:
http://members.xoom.com/dvarrazzo/epov.htm
David
------------
dav### [at] cwcomnet
http://www.hamiltonite.mcmail.com
------------

Post a reply to this message

From: Tomas Plachetka
Date: 12 Oct 1999 05:05:50
Message: <3802F9EA.9CD1237A@uni-paderborn.de>
Ken wrote:

> Tomas Plachetka wrote:
>
> > i remember a povray tool which makes bounding
> > boxes visible. this is not exactly what the
> > question was about - but should it help, i'm
> > sure ken has a link in his repository...
> >
> >         y.
>
> I think the correct link for this would be the POV-Ray documentation.
> There is a switch that will let you render the bounding boxes visible
> but I don't know what it is off hand.

:) this is what i meant. yes, some tools are
comprised in povray. (look in the book, y.!)

	y.